Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Issue 2 Begins + Some Junk about the Nintendo DS

Issue 2 has officially started and we couldn’t be happier to be off “hiatus” status. We had a few readers that thought we had abandoned the project, so let me just assure everyone that it is likely there will always be a few weeks of downtime between Issues while we get the print versions in order, but that both Jeremy and myself plan to see this project all the way through!

 

People often ask us if we’re going to try to publish through another comic company and the answer is… maybe.

There are some definite advantages to self-publishing at the moment. Foremost being, that we can do the comic at our own pace. Since we are both married men and are working regular day jobs as well, it’s hard to get more than a page a week done. Most places want Issues to come out at least every other month, and we’re not really sure if we can do that pace at this time. We would definitely not have a problem working something out with a publisher though. I mean, who’s going to say no to the distribution provided by going with a bigger company?

Not I.

 

Brittany and I have been playing a lot of Mario Kart DS with my brother Jesse. As I’ve stated before, I think it’s the best in the series thus far, which is saying something. I’m about ¾ of the way done with the game and am hoping to finish before the next game on my list comes out, which is next week and is Animal Crossing DS.

I played the Gamecube Animal Crossing for a little while, and while I did get into it, I didn’t really have the time then that was required to make the game as fun as it really is. This new version will be much easier for me to get into, since I have 2 hours each day to kill while carpooling to work and back. Brittany has never played the old version, but I’ve assured her that this game will be right up her alley.

Other games I’m looking forward to:

 

Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana – The remake of Secret of Mana. It’s still a long way off (predicted to come out winter 2006). It’s one of my favorite SNES era games, and I really hope that they follow through with this one and that we see a US release. I think Square/Enix has a habit of shooting themselves in the foot on these kind of projects by underestimating their American fanbase. There are plenty of people out there that will buy a DS just to play this if they do it right.

 

Bubble Bobble DS – I’ve been playing the original on Mike’s copy of the Taito collection for PS2, and it’s just as fun as I remember it. If they can keep that same level of fast paced addictive gameplay, then I’m sold on the idea.

 

Metriod Prime Hunters – I think that speaks for itself.

 

Now Nintendo just needs some king of MMORPG using the wifi and I think they would be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home