Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Penny-Arcade book signing @ The Comic Stop

I went to the Penny-Arcade book signing last night at The Comic Stop, and got my copy of “Attack of the Bacon Robots” signed. I also picked up a copy of the PAX DVD. As of yet, I haven’t been able to make it to PAX, but this year I’m planning on it, especially after watching the Minibosses concert that’s on the disc.
The signing impressed me in how laid back it was. I came in about half way through and Jerry (Tycho) was playing Mario Kart DS with a group of their fans. I gave them both copies of “Here There Be Robots” issue 1, and they both started flipping through it. The thing that cracked me up was Mike (Gabe) seemed most impressed with that we actually finished a full length comic and told me it was longer than anything he’d ever worked on.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get to stick around for very long, since I hadn’t had a chance to eat dinner yet, and was having a major blood sugar low. I was shaking like crazy and had to go find some food. I also forgot to bring my DS, and was kicking myself for that one.

All-in-all it was a good day though. Brittany’s sushi set came, I got my stuff signed, and Geoffio finished creating Atario Bros. (A modded version of Super Mario Bros.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home