Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Friday, February 03, 2006

Clutch Cargo and Supercar

Brittany and I got home late Wednesday night, having to go do laundry and then stopping by the mall where we ended up talking to Chris at The Comic Stop until well after closing. On the way home the nefarious low battery sign started to come on. This isn’t the first time this has happened and, sadly, it probably won’t be the last.

For some reason the alternator belt was worn down to almost nothing. It looked like gremlins had been chewing on the thing. So, fearing being stranded on my hour long commute to and/or from work, I decided to call in and let them know that I had to fix my car Thursday morning. Fortunately for me, my friends are cool, so Joey and Kijan came to the rescue and drove me around to pick up the part from Shucks. We got back and Joey went to work replacing the belt. Problem was, it was the wrong belt. So, we took it back, only to find they didn’t have of my belt in stock, in the whole state of Washington.

Thankfully, NAPA had the part, though it was listed under a different part number, and the car is once again running and I was able to get to work Thursday after all (although very late)

.

Next we have to get the brakes and alignment fixed on the thing. This is why I hate cars.


1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's what friends are for,
    the good times, the bad times,
    I'll be on your side forever-more,
    That's what friends are FOOOORRRR!!!!

    -Kirk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home