Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Train in Vain

It was a fun weekend. The company I work for sent us on the Spirit of Washington dinner train on Saturday night.

We had a lot of fun, and Brittany was very excited because it gave her an excuse to dress up. They also announced our employee of the year and top sales awards, and even gave out a random gift certificate which Brittany won. It was good times.

We also finally got our new glasses which can be seen in the picture.

Mike and his family are taking Brittany and me to Disneyland for our 1 year anniversary, so I’m not sure if we’ll have any updates next week. Most likely not, so I’m warning you now. We will resume updates once we’re back.

I’m really excited about the trip (only 4 days until we leave!) especially since I’ve never been to Disneyland. The story goes thusly;

I’m the 5th child out of 6. My parents had a plan wherein my dad would take the oldest three siblings one year, then a year or two later take the second set of three. The first part of the plan went through. My dad and my 3 older brothers went to Disneyland. While there, two of my brothers got sick with strep throat, and had to go to the hospital. It also rained the entire time they were there. It was not as fun of an adventure as my dad had originally hoped for, so my parents decided to wait longer before they came through with the “taking the younger 3 kids” part of the plan.

Time started to seriously pass.

My older sister, being the popular one of us kids, and having lots of friends with cool parents, ended up going with said friends to Disneyland on multiple occasions.

I turned 19 and moved out.

My dad took my younger brother on a trip to Disneyland with just the two of them.

So, here I am, the only one in my family (besides my mom, who never wanted to go) who hasn’t been to the big D.

Brittany, on the other hand, had relatives that lived about an hour away from Anaheim, so growing up they went nearly every year. Even before we were married she has insisted that I must go, which I happen to have no problem with.

So, hopefully I will be able to blog while there. If not, I will when I get back. Either way, be sure to check out my photoblog (http://spambot.buzznet.com/) to see the Disneyland pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home