Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Friday, March 24, 2006

SakuraCon Day 1

We recently got back from our first day of Sakuracon.

Originally we were told that if we couldn't make the Thursday meeting for exhibitors and artist alley participants to come to the 7am meeting at the convention center. So, after a mere 4 hours of sleep, we headed to the con to make sure we were there on time.
No one had any idea what we were talking about and no meeting took place.
However, we were able to get our badges sorted out and start setting up our table by 8am.


The down side to all this of course was that we were pretty much exhausted all day. I even tried to catch a nap before the room officially opened at noon, but I was still all hyped up about the con and couldn't sit still.
The day was a bit slow, but we did get to see our buddy Liriel, which is always fun, and we did sell a couple of issues and some pin sets.


Mike Kruhulik stopped at our table which was pretty cool. He recommended picking up Tetris DS, so I stopped by Target and got a copy.
I'm always weary of new Tetris games. So far, the only versions I've truly loved, and it is love, have been the original NES and GameBoy versions.
I've played Tetris DS a little so far, and one thing I've already noticed is that while it is a fun game, it isn't the same. I'm not saying it's bad, in fact, I'm quite enjoying it. It's just that it has changed into something different, something that is still good in it's own right, but is not the same game that I have come to know and love. While I do enjoy this "new" Tetris, I know in my heart that I will always have old cartridges of my first love stashed somewhere in my house.
Wow... Is it just me or did that last paragraph get weird?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home