Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

OtH

I’m still doing a lot of work on the site. Or, more accurately, I should say there is still a lot of work to be done on the site and I’ve been procrastinating.

Though I did finally decide how I want the new “About” page to work, and have typed up a few things. I’ll put it into action later tonight.

 

I went and saw “Over the Hedge” on Sunday evening. I usually steer clear of CG movies these days unless they look really amazing, because now that the technology is readily available, there has been a string of mediocre CG movies. Plus, the style of animation in most of them looks cheap and thrown together. But I digress…

OtH was a lot better than I expected. Sure it was predictable in a lot of spots, like the overly generic “lesson” that is learned at the end, but it provides what really matters, some good laughs throughout. There were some very well executed jokes that make it worth watching. I think the best decision they made was steering clear of overused and unfunny pop-culture references which litter this type of movie normally, especially the ones from Dreamworks (I’m looking at you Shrek).

Another thing this movie did right was the voice work. Bad voice work will make me hate your movie even if the writing is the best thing ever written on the face of the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home