Random Pirate Comics: The Blog

Blog of Jonah (aka spambot) of RandomPirateComics.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Evil

Well, it turns out I’m evil.  Let me explain…

 

There is an old SNES (that’s Super Nintendo for the uninitiated) RPC (role playing game) called Earthbound (Mother 2 in Japan) about a young boy named Ness (yes, this is the guy that also apprears in the Smash Bros. series who most people I talked to didn’t know what I was talking about) who has to save the world from an alien invasion with the help of his friends.

The gameplay is a very simple menu based system in the same vein as the old Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest in Japan) games.  The story is pretty funny and well done, and that’s what really gets you into the game.

 

The reason this one is a big deal is that it harkens back to the days of yesteryear before Final Fantasy 7 came out and before RPG’s were popularized in the US. Because of this, many of these games are now rare and usually sell used with just the game (no box or booklet) for upwards of $70+. In fact, $70 was the cheapest I had ever seen the game selling for (usually it was closer to $80-$110) until I found an eBay auction with only 12 hours to go with the game going for a only $40.

What is a net savvy gent such as myself to do?

I sniped the bid and got it for cheap.

 

Is the practice of sniping evil? Yeah, kind of.

The problem at this point is, in my experience, the only way to win bids these days is to snipe them. The ones that I try to bid the good old fashioned way on always get sniped out from under me. I would prefer if this wasn’t the way things were, and that eBay was used more in line with what the programmers originally had in mind (after the whole trading PEZ era). But unless they make it so you can’t snipe somehow, I’m afraid I’m stuck.

 

On the plus side, I rarely buy things off eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home